The Force becomes Reality - Community Credit Forums
in

Community Credit Forums

The Force becomes Reality

Last post Sat, Jan 17 2009 11:28 AM by svickn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 12 2009 6:58 AM

The Force becomes Reality

Starting this fall, several companies are releasing toys that will allow you to move objects with your mind. And you don’t even have to read The Secret first!

The Force Trainer (expected to be priced at $90 to $100) comes with a headset that uses brain waves to allow players to manipulate a sphere within a clear 10-inch-tall training tower, analogous to Yoda and Luke Skywalker’s abilities in the Star Wars films.

Read more 

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Tue, Jan 13 2009 12:15 PM In reply to

• LouVega
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 14 2006
    • South Carolina, United States
    • Posts 818
      MVP

Re: The Force becomes Reality

This seems neat but I think it would be better if it were a video game that you controlled a character (even a ball) versus this. I think it would be cool at first but then would get old. Just my 2 cents.

• Thu, Jan 15 2009 11:22 AM In reply to

• svickn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Baton Rouge, LA
    • Posts 71

If you could navigate a maze with the ball, then we're talking! However, I'm guessing a constant stream of air keeps the ball afloat here, so multidirectional navigation is still in the works ;)

• Sat, Jan 17 2009 9:41 AM In reply to

I had actually done some reading up on EEG a few years back and I found it to be a pretty fascinating topic.  The concept is rather interesting, in that there is a study on whether you can actually train your brain like much like you can a build up a muscle.   In theory, it sounds like you can actually do such a thing and increase your level of focus on demand.  Who can't actually use that skill, eh?  I have gone through a few sessions where I was playing a video game simply by having electrodes stuck to my head and focusing my brainwaves.  In one game, for example, I was moving a pacman through a maze and the more that I was able to focus, the faster my character moved.  It was really an interesting experience.  I am also told that there is a huge rush that you can get when you do this for a period of time, but I didn't experience it myself. 

I haven't really found any true published scientific results that support these theories, however.  It was an interesting and fun excercise, but I never really stuck with it.

Kindest regards,
      David Silverlight

Follow me on Twitter: @HeadGeek
  • Sat, Jan 17 2009 11:28 AM In reply to

• svickn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Baton Rouge, LA
    • Posts 71

So when this comes out... eligible CC prize? :D

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)